Psalm 139 gives us a wonderful depiction of God’s omniscience and omnipresence. It’s amazing how thorough the psalmist, King David, was in his word picture of these attributes.
To make it more personal for you I tried listing what he says as if he were speaking to you:
1. God knows YOU. (verse 1 and 3)
2. God knows YOUR every action and thought. (verse 2 and 3)
3. God knows YOUR every word. (verse 4)
4. God created YOU in your mother’s womb. (verse 13)
5. YOU are wonderfully made by God. (verse 14)
6. God knew all of YOUR days before even one of them came to be. (verse 16)
7. God is all around YOU and touches YOU. (verse 5)
8. God is everywhere. (verses 7-10)
Now go back and read the list again and really ponder (love that word) the ramifications and corollaries of each statement. You might want to change back the word YOU to ME and be sure to take a look at the whole psalm in your Bible.