Colossians, part 2
In the third and fourth chapters of Colossians Paul reminded Christians how they should live. They should think about the things in heaven because they belong with Christ. They should not do evil deeds. Instead, they should love other people. And they should serve God.
Paul gives us “rules” for holy living. Here they are:
1. Set your hearts and minds on things above.
2. Deny your earthly nature of sexual immorality, impurity, lust, evil desires, and greed.
3. Rid yourselves of anger, rage, malice, slander, and filthy language.
4. Do not lie to each other.
5. Be compassionate, kind, humble, gentle, and patient.
6. Bear with one another and forgive whatever grievances you may have.
7. Put on love and let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts.
8. Be thankful.
9. Let the word of Christ dwell in you.
10. Do all things in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.