18 We know that anyone born of God does not continue to sin; the one who was born of God keeps him safe, and the evil one cannot harm him. 19 We know that we are children of God, and that the whole world is under the control of the evil one. 20 We know also that the Son of God has come and has given us understanding, so that we may know him who is true. And we are in him who is true—even in his Son Jesus Christ. He is the true God and eternal life.
The Apostle John has almost finished his first epistle and I’ve taken about six months on this blog to reflect on it bit by bit. Here John tells us 10 things that we (should) know. Because sometimes we read scripture and miss all the treasure that is in a short passage I’m going to list it out and let you fill in the blanks (yeah, I was a schoolteacher).
1. If you’re born of God you won’t continue to ________.
2. ____________ will keep you safe from sin.
3. ____________ cannot harm you.
4. We are _________________ of God.
5. The whole ______________ is under the control of Satan.
6. The __________ of God has come.
7. ______________ has given us understanding.
8. We can know Jesus, who is ______________.
9. We are in _________________.
10. Jesus is the true ________________ and eternal life.